Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:51:37 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        alan@quay.net (Alan McKay)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw/pppoe/nat trouble

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:39:48 -0500 (EST)
alan@quay.net (Alan McKay) wrote:

> So should I give up on PPP's native NAT and switch to NATD?
> Anyone know what could be up here?

 Yes. I do the same thing with my config using natd.

 I have the following in my /etc/rc.conf file:

natd_program="/sbin/natd"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="tun0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

 In my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file:

nat enable yes

 is in there. I think when I removed it, everything broke.

 Then in my /etc/natd.conf file:

redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.10:81 81

 (I'm actually using port 81 instead of 80). Get rid of this stuff out of
your ppp.conf file.

and in my firewall rules:

${fwcmd} add pass log tcp from any to any 81 in via{$oif} setup

 Works great for me! That, and a few other ports.

-Gerry
Web Hosting // Primary & Secondary DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca