Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:20:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>, Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>, Parity Error <bootup@mail.ru>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, reiserfs-dev@namesys.com
Subject:   Re: [reiserfs-dev] Re: metadata update durability ordering/soft updates

> We would charge for any FreeBSD port, and the license would be a
> limiting (proprietary or GPL) license.  There are probably appliance
> vendors and the like who would find this of interest.

OK, I understand there is some big issue going on, but could I possibly know
why there would be a charge to port ReiserFS to FreeBSD?  As I have my public
rights, I think it would be much better if it was ported under a limiting
license, such as the LGPL, so ReiserFS can be used as the Boot FS for
FreeBSD.

IBM, being a being company, has release their JFS under a GPL license, which
permits us to port it to FreeBSD, wouldn't it better if ReiserFS just took
it one step ahead by making it LGPL?

  -- Hiten