Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:23:59 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Teaching ports/textproc/docproj/Makefile about FORMATS

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:12:42PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> +# Turn off various options that some of the dependencies default to
> +# requiring, but that aren't needed for the doc build
> +.if !defined(WITHOUT_PYTHON)
> +WITHOUT_PYTHON=	yes
>
> We really need this, but I couldn't make it work.  Like when I did a
> "make install", make still wanted to build python as a dependency for
> libxml2 and libxslt.  I don't know why.

You need to use WITHOUT_PYTHON=yes for both make and make install if you
do them separately, also the port's name changes if it is built
without python. (It becomes libxslt-nopython-xxx, for example)

This worked for me for both of these prots. You also may need to specify
the same options to make and make install (in general not just here) so
that the plist does not get messed up.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM