Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:23:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      locust <locust@sstc.kiev.ua>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Berkeley packet filter question

Hellow.

I'm sorry for my pervious post

Maybe it's a stupid question, but 'man bpf' don't let me know
nothing with my problem.
I have installed frame-relay connection via Cisco 1700 router
in front of my FreeBSD 4.4 machine. Put NAT, access list on Cisco.
But  when i opened by NAT on CIsco services of FreeBSD such as
apache server :

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 80 a.b.c.d 80 extendable

where 	192.168.1.1 - FreeBSD inside local area
 	a.b.c.d     - outside adress of Cisco

80 port allways become 'filtered' from outside on a.b.c.d..
When i take away 'pseudo-device bpf ' from kernel, it become 'open'.
So, what i must to do with bpf(maybe configure smth) for opening of my services?
Without bpf it is no any trafshow, etc. :(
I am not a guru FreeBSD,i'm studying :)

I tried this situation with other systems (W2K, Linux) - there was no problems
apache on W2K and Linux was opened for outside, and was successfuly browsed...

Andrew K.