Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:48:42 -0800
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        pan <pan@syix.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: another way 4.5s is broken (user smmsp -> make installworld)

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 06:07:49PM -0800, pan wrote:
> What the problem was is that UPDATING and other notes mention
> not that smmsp and mailmull are needed just to cvsup to stable
> (haven't noticed anything here in stable about smmsp or mailnull
> either)
>=20
> and certainly what little clue is in /usr/src/... after cvs
> does not make plain in any open or ready fashion the details for
> smmsp & mailnull
>=20
> i.e. - it is possible for the clueful and semi-clueful (like me) to get
> past the stops, but info needs to be added to UPDATING

I agree, this should have been added to UPDATING. I'm sure this is just
a symptom of warner being bogged down at the moment. Don't get too
steamed :)

-Bill

BTW, this bit me too.

--=20
-=3D| Bill Swingle - <unfurl@(dub.net|freebsd.org)>
-=3D| Every message PGP signed
-=3D| Fingerprint: C1E3 49D1 EFC9 3EE0 EA6E  6414 5200 1C95 8E09 0223
-=3D| "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" Pablo Picasso=
=20

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--