Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:44:29 +0200
From:      Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis@diku.dk>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anything a newb can do?

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:03:54PM -0400, Adam Crosby wrote:
> I've got a few Ultra-5 workstations that have recently become available to
> me, and was excited to find a bootable ISO for FreeBSD that ran on Sparc64!
> I see the port is still in the early stages of development, and I'd LOVE to
> help out in any way I can.  I'm afraid I can't claim to be a super-wizard or
> even claim to know much C/C++, but I'd still like to help out in anyway I
> can.  Or, if you think I'd just cause more trouble than the help is worth,
> that's cool too ;)  Thanks!

I've got an Ultra1. Hopefully, I can help with some development issues
too. Is there anything besides what's mentioned on the sparc port
website you need of documentation in order to do development work?

Anything besides that needs done? Personally I have an interest in
using the Ultra1 as a diskless workstation with X support, so that could
be one thing. It seems though, that other issues needs work before that
though.

Hopefully, the sbus is supported (Or I have to put some wood under vim
and fire it up :)

And ooh, way to go with this port.

--
Jesper -
  Java er noget der skal drikkes, ikke kodes i.