Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Erlin <tim@firstinitiallastname.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   print server problems-apsfilter/lpd

I've installed apsfilter and it can generate a test page from the setup
script without problems. I cannot, however, print from anywhere else
(local or remote). It seems like apsfilter causes lpd to look for a script
in /var/lib/apsfilter/bin...a directory that doesn't exist.

First, is that the way the process really works? Did I miss a step in the
setup process that involves this script/executable?

The exact error message is:

<time> <hostname> lpd[3451]: cannot execv
/var/lib/apsfilter/bin/y2prn_lp.upp--auto-lp

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

--Tim