Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:08:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: src/sys/kern link_elf.c

marcel      2002/04/21 14:08:30 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/kern             link_elf.c
  Log:
  Add function link_elf_get_gp(), specific to ia64 for now, to get
  the DT_PLTGOT value. On ia64 this is the value of GP. We need this
  to construct function descriptors, but the elf file structure is
  not exported to MD code.

  Note that the name of the function is based on the meaning that
  DT_PLTGOT has on ia64. This may differ on other architectures. As
  such, link_elf_get_gp() has a high level of MD to it. Renaming the
  function to describe what DT_* value is returned makes it generic,
  but also makes the MD code less clear and if we only need this on
  ia64, then a general name for a specific function doesn't help.

  In short: I don't know what is "right" at this time, so I'll go
  with what I have.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.53      +19 -0     src/sys/kern/link_elf.c