Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:30:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        rivers@dignus.com, sandro@mobius.knot.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard hang on card insert

"Sandro Fouche'" <sandro@mobius.knot.org> wrote:

> >I've got an (older now) Sony VAIO F480, and a "FastEthernet" card.
> >
> >When I insert the card (or, if I boot with the card in the slot),
> >the machine will hang trying to get the ethernet address.
> >
> >Interestingly, if I remove the card - the machine returns to "life".
> >
> >This is with 4.5-RELEASE.
> >
> >Any pointers would be most welcome!  Also - I don't subscribe
> >to the freebsd-mobile list, so please e-mail directly.
>

> I have the same problem.  I've sent two messages to the list, apparently no
> one has any experience with this....

Ah!  Well - I couldn't tell if my e-mail was "getting out there" at all.
It's been most frustrating, because freebsd.org was rejecting my
e-mail for some time - got that fixed tonight too! :-)

> If you get any hints privately, let me know.

Most certainly!

I did take the liberty of e-mailing Warner Losh directly (hopefully,
I'm not being too much of a pest...)  I figure if anyone has any ideas,
he probably does (or might have good pointers...)

If anything comes forward - I'll reflect it back to interested
parties!

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847