Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 19:17:04 -0500
From:      E.J.Cerejo <ecerejo@zapo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Full-Duplex or Half-Duplex

I'm getting very slow transfer speeds using psftp that came with PuTTy between a FBSD box and Win2k laptop and I'm using a crossover cable. I can't figure out why!  Both NICs are 100M, the one in the FBSD box is an Intel and the one in the laptop is an IBM cardbus.  If I boot into win2k on the FBSD box I get lightenning speeds though.  Not too long ago someone replied to an email of mine saying that both NICs should be set to Full-Duplex, now I was able to set this on my laptop under win2k but how do you find out if the FBSD machine is set to Full-Duplex?  If not set to this how do you change it to Full-Duplex?