Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:56:46 -0700
From:      "Carlos A. Ugarte" <cau@CS.Arizona.EDU>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone using vid/OV511 webcams?

Is anyone using vid (/usr/ports/graphics/vid), the userland
program that allows access to OV511 based USB webcams?  If you
are, I'd like to hear from you - whether vid works or not.
Specifically, I'd like to know which version of FreeBSD you are
using and whether your host controller is UHCI or OHCI.  Even
knowing that it worked in the past but not currently would be
very useful.

I'm trying to write a driver for a (different) webcam but am
unsure if my current problem is caused by a bug in my code or
somewhere in the USB stack.  vid is the only program I am aware
of that uses the particular feature I am having troubles with
(the isochronous pipe is not producing any data...).  Either I am
doing something very wrong or isochronous transfers on UHCI are
broken in -stable and -current.

Thanks,

Carlos

--