Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:48:00 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A Call to Action for freebsd-java...

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:30:53PM -0400, Dylan Carlson wrote:
> Fair enough.  My last email was not in any way a criticism.  You guys are
> doing above and beyond.   My hunch was that we didn't have many people on the
> team to move things along (and I was right).   I'm sure most people on this
> list who depend on the native JVM probably weren't sure of this either.
> Perhaps if  this issue (# of committers/size of team) can remain a hot button,

I certainly didn't take it as a criticism :).  Just explaining the state
of play.  I may have been doing other committers an injustice, however the
only (FreeBSD) one I've heard from lately is Fuyuhiko-san, who had done
some tests with HotSpot and had a few small patches I believe.  More
active developers are always welcome though and would certainly make
things easier.

> word might circulate, and we can get some more warm bodies added to the
> effort.   Without at least 2 more people in the mix, my guess is we won't be
> making progress.

Well, progress will be slow at least :).

> I will check around to see if anyone I know can help out.

As I said above, extra help is always appreciated :).  My only general
comments are that people should be prepared to dive in and do some work
before they are given repository access (but please try and coordinate
whatever you are doing, through me possibly(?)).

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com