Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 04:34:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Package system flaws?

> From: Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
> Date: Sun 7 Jul, 2002
> Subject: Re: Package system flaws?

> Perhaps Garrett's pax recommendation has more merit
> than we thought, unless people have other candidates to put forward.

It made me sit up and think, but you almost certainly have to extend pax(1)
to realise the extensions (correct me if I'm wrong), and I rather like a
format I can script with existing utilities.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses