Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:08:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wireless question

In message: <20020710090440.A5578@Odin.AC.HMC.Edu>
            Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
: On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:53:51AM +0200, Jose M. Alcaide wrote:
: > On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 10:21:51PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > > In message: <3D2B79AD.1080601@Kernick.org>
: > >             Phil Kernick <Phil@Kernick.org> writes:
: > > : You can specify adhoc using ifconfig:
: > > :
: > > : $ ifconfig wi0 mediaopt adhoc
: > >
: > > Only in -current.
: >
: > $ uname -sr
: > FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE
: > $ ifconfig -m wi0
: > 	[...]
: >         supported media:
: >                 media autoselect mediaopt hostap
: >                 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap
: >                 media DS/5.5Mbps mediaopt hostap
: >                 media DS/2Mbps mediaopt hostap
: >                 media DS/1Mbps mediaopt hostap
: >                 media autoselect
: >                 media autoselect mediaopt adhoc
: >                 media DS/11Mbps
: >                 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt adhoc
: >                 media DS/5.5Mbps
: >                 media DS/5.5Mbps mediaopt adhoc
: >                 media DS/2Mbps
: >                 media DS/2Mbps mediaopt adhoc
: >                 media DS/1Mbps
: >                 media DS/1Mbps mediaopt adhoc
: > 	[...]
:
: The problem is that that isnt' really adhoc mode in stable because I
: scwrewed up when I did the initial implementation.  It's actually the
: vendor propriotary mode which you don't really want to use since it
: locks you into a subset of cards.

Yes.  I have to MFC the support from -current for ad-hoc and ibss
mode, but haven't had time to do the work.  I'm also waiting for
someone to implement ibss/ibss-master in the an driver too so that I
can merge that at the same time and things will be consistant.  Hmmm,
maybe I should go do the awi driver when I do that.

Warner