Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:32:18 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
Cc:        "(Lista) freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with local port redirection with natd

> Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:12:39 +0200
> From: Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
> To: "(Lista) freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Problems with local port redirection with natd
>
> Hello:
>
> I've got a http server running in port 80, as usual, but there is
> a firewall in my network which doesn't allow such a port, it
> only permits connections to port 6667. Yes, it's strange, but that
> is what I've got.
>
> I would like to redirect the connections of this form:
>
> http://my.server.com:6667
>
> to this:
>
> http://my.server.com:80

> root@mira:~# ps axwww | grep natd
>  1235  ??  Ss     0:00.00 natd -interface fxp0 -redirect_port tcp
> localhost:80 6667
>
> I've also tried with the IP address and the server name instead of
> "localhost", without success.
> When I try "telnet localhost 6667" nothing happens.

    1) 6667 is used by IRC. you might get strange interactions in the
       future
    2) you get nothing because localhost -> 127.0.0.1 -> lo0, not fxp0
       try telnet f.q.d.n 6667, that should make the packets go through
       the fxp iface

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
8:48PM up 12 days, 5:25, 23 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00