Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        swear@blarg.net, bmah@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35724: www; Handbook missing link to important HARDWARE.TXT file.

Synopsis: www; Handbook missing link to important HARDWARE.TXT file.

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: bmah
State-Changed-When: Sat Jul 13 14:19:42 PDT 2002
State-Changed-Why:
This is a lot harder than it sounds.  The shortest way I can describe
the problem is that the Handbook has to cover multiple versions of
FreeBSD, each of which is available for multiple architectures.  There
is no *one* HARDWARE.TXT file that we can point to.  While this is a
good idea, I don't think it's practical.

hardware.txt and hardware.html live on the top-level directory of the
CDROMs and are linked from the main www.FreeBSD.org page.  They're also
viewable in sysinstall (should someone succeed in booting the install
media).  If someone can't find it from one of those places, I don't
know what else we can do for them.