Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:41:58 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Jim McLoughlin <jimmcloughlin@earthlink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: to gui or not to gui?

> From: "Jim McLoughlin" <jimmcloughlin@earthlink.net>
> To: <questions@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: cvsup: to gui or not to gui?
> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:20:30 -0700
>
> Hi y'all
>
> Am about to install cvsup, and am wondering whether I should use the GUI or
> not.  I'm just wondering if the gui version provides any useful
> functionality that I will not get command line.  If not, I'm thinking of
> using the terminal version so that I will have more options should my X
> config become uncooperative at some point.
>
> Any suggestions / strong opinions either way?

    I managed to install the gui version by mistake when they switched
    them. i don't really see any benefit whatsoever. besides, i never
    invoke cvsup directly, but instead run make update in
    /usr/{src,doc,ports} so what the heck would i need a gui for?

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
12:39PM up 3 days, 2:54, 7 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00