Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:32:56 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ksysguard (KDE): must be root

If I try to run KDE's ksysguard (CTRL-ESC; ksysguard command; or KDE -> system
-> KDE system guard) when I'm not root it won't work.

Has anybody else run into this?
Any ideas?

I tried the obvious thing of doing suid root to the exectuable but it then
refuses to run at all, saying that KDE libraries aren't safe for running suid
root.

Not a real high priority issue; I can use top and xosview to get the same
effects, but it would be nice if I could get it to work.

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org