Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:24:56 +0200
From:      Manuel Hendel <manuel@hendel.net>
To:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't connect to imapserver via cyradm

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 08:17:05PM +0300, Toomas Aas wrote:
> For some mysterious reason I lost the beginning of this thread. What
> problem are you having with cyradm?
>
> I'm using Cyrus 2.0.16 on the server that started out as 4.3-RELEASE.
> Then I cvsupped it to 4.5-RELEASE-p1 and Cyrus continued working.
> Couple of days ago I cvsupped to 4.6.1-RELEASE-p5. I didn't try
> cyradm until today. When I did, typing 'cyradm localhost' resulted in
> "nothing": instead of prompting for password it just sat there until
> I hit Ctrl+C.
>
> But I discovered that if I (blindly) type in the password for cyrus'
> account, it lets me into cyradm. The 'Please enter password' prompt
> appeared only after I had typed in the password.

My problem is, that i can't add any mailboxes because cyradm doesn't
work, it even doesn't show any error messages. The rest of the cyrus
imap server is working perfectly.

I tried the blindly way, it WORKS. Thank you very much. Anyhow, cyradm
doesn't work in a proper way.

Manuel

--
Who wants to remember that escape-x-alt-control-left shift-b puts you into
super-edit-debug-compile mode?