Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:19:23 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usb MFC? [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD 4.7 Code Freeze]

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 08:13:53PM -0400, Bryan Liesner wrote:
> Josef Karthauser wrote:
>=20
> >
> >It would help if I had an idea of what works and what's broken in
> >-stable for usb.  I'd welcome reports from usb users.
> >
> >Joe
>=20
> I would like to try the uvisor/ucom stuff just comitted, but don't have=
=20
> a clue how to use it...  Can you point me in the right direction?
>=20

I'm not sure that it works properly in all circumstances.  It's mostly
there so that the people who are developing palm sync software have it
available.  I'd welcome talking to anyone who's interested in making
sure that the usb ports work with it.

To use it, 'kldload uvisor' and make sure that you've got a ucom device
node in /dev.

Joe

--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--