Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:15:57 -0400
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel XScale Port support

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:52:35PM -0400, Soroor Dowlati wrote:
>=20
>    Hi there,
>=20
>=20
>    I was wondering if FreeBSD has already been ported to Intel XScale
>    architecture, a quick search of your website does not indicate it as a
>    supported platform. I'll be working soon on a project using both Intel
>    80321 (IOP321 - IO Processor, XScale) and IXP2400 (Intel Network
>    Processor - XScale), so I am in search of an operating system which I
>    could use with these two processors.
>=20
There is currently an effort underway to port FreeBSD to the ARM family
of processors. The initial target processor is the StrongArm from Intel.
I guess it will be relatively easy to add support later on for the XScale
family.

The bad news is that this effort is far from complete and not even in the
main FreeBSD repository yet. OTH, if you have some free time and want to
help it would be very appreciated.

Steph

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw--