Date:      28 Aug 2002 13:21:52 -0500
From:      chromexa@ovis.net
To:        ltambert2@digiverse.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Amazing! Uh, Amazing BSD Arguments?

> ** Original Subject: RE: Amazing!
> ** Original Sender: Lerrence Tambert <ltambert2@digiverse.net>
> ** Original Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:00:15 -0400 (EDT)

> ** Original Message follows...

> I can't believe the amount of BS that I'm seeing posted here. Terry, stop posting SHIT,
please, nobody gives a flying fuck about Zen, or Aristotle, ok?

> Then we have all the other people who replied to those trolls, sometimes with insulting
comments, without realizing they just showed what a bunch of clueless fuckwits they are.
Never judge a persons IQ by his willing to troll or crapflood. Those are not related. And
don't assume I've never written good software just because I decided to troll a bit. I've
probably written more lines of quality C and assembler now than most of you will in your
entire life.

> Then we have the people shouting loud "You're a troll!". That I am and worse, much
worse, but I do have ethics. Let's not get started on the amount of crapflooding now going on
freebsd-security@, so the signal/noise ratio was low? Gimme a break, it's 0 now!

> Gentlement, don't confuse kindness with weakness.
>
> Sincerely,
>          Lerrence
>
> BTW, greetings to  Jordan Hubbard[1]
>
> [1]
> "When i think of "politics," i think of Jordan Hubbard, flat out lying
> about what's in, or going to be in, FreeBSD, or what the system can
> do, or what's wrong with the system.  (worth noting: I've come to
> understand Kolstad, even see him as a reasonable person.  I see jordan
> as a _liar_, period.)  _that's_ not the game that we, or i, play."
>                              Chris G Demetriou (NetBSD core team)

How about judging people by how loud they can snarl? Is that
a good metric? Mainly I lurk unless I have a real tech issue to
discuss. However the recent questions over the viability of
BSD and BSD hacking is important. Now perhaps this should
all happen in chat, but people being what they are will jump
strict categories. Humans are like that you know.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

Have Fun,
Sends Steve