Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Carl Schmidt <carl@slackerbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/42324: rc.subr complains with sendmail_enable="NONE"

The following reply was made to PR conf/42324; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Carl Schmidt <carl@slackerbsd.org>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:56:30 -0400

 On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 05:43:18PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
 > On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:37:48PM -0400, Administrator wrote:
 > >
 > > >Number:         42324
 > > >Category:       conf
 > > >Synopsis:       rc.subr complains with sendmail_enable="NONE"
 > > >Originator:     Carl Schmidt
 > > >Release:        FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT i386
 > > >Environment:
 > > System: FreeBSD wlaptop.slackerbsd.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Sep 2 12:57:19 EDT 2002 root@wlaptop.slackerbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP i386

 > > /etc/rc.subr complains about our sendmail_enable="NONE" option because
 > > checkyesno() does not account for NONE.  I receive a message which follows:
 > > /etc/rc: WARNING: $sendmail_enable is not set properly.
 > >
 > > >How-To-Repeat:
 > > Use sendmail_enable="NONE" in rc.conf.
 >
 > Could you use mta_startup_script="" instead?
 >
 > G'luck,
 > Peter

 I'm a little confused.  I do not see "mta_startup_script" anywhere in /etc nor
 /usr/src/etc.  I tried what you mentioned anyway but it did nothing.  I still
 get the warning.
 --
 Carl Schmidt
 "A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and