Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:08:09 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        Orion Hodson <hodson@icir.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ES1371 full duplex strangeness

Le 2002-09-03, Orion Hodson écrivait :

> You might try upgrading to the latest -STABLE to see if helps your /dev/dsp busy messages since a fix for a similar problem was committed on Friday.

This greatly improved the driver's behaviour. I can now cat /dev/audio >
/dev/audio repeatedly, or play an MP3 and simultaneously watch the
output of cat /dev/dsp reacting to noise in the microphone.

However gnomemeeting's behaviour is still erratic, and annoyingly
non-deterministic. It occasinally says it 'cannot open /dev/dsp' (but
not in an easily reproduceable pattern), and the rest of the time it
does not play a single sound.

Has anyone successully used it on -STABLE with an ES1371 sound card?
I even tried it with a local openmcu running as an echoer, and failed to
get any sound back.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG