Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:00:37 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PR

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 06:28:12PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Tom Rhodes wrote:
>
> > What does everyone think about a 10 (more?) person team?  Perhaps
>
> Sounds good.

Yes, it needs to be a team.  FreeBSD is teamward-bound these days, and
that's a good thing.

The way things generally work in FreeBSD-land is that we implement a
project using current infrastructure, and then branch if necessary.
Yes, a dedicated mailing list is a good idea; however, nobody's using
advocacy@ at the moment, so let's use it.

Similarly, we need some content before demanding a section of the web
site.

> And it would be nice to have a webpage for this PR team to list current
> goals and schedule the work.

Dan has offered some web space, and I think we should take him up on
it.  He is a pretty durn good Web guy.  :-)

> (Debian used to have an active mailing list for that -- it was used for
> sharing press release drafts for feedback.)

That's it -- if Debian can do it, we can do it better.

> p.s. I already write BSD articles for print and online; I have taught BSD
> workshops, gave BSD presentations, and ran a BSD booth at a Linux
> conference; and I have personally posted over 1000 BSD- or open
> source-related news items and articles on the web. I'd be glad to help
> (some more).

Cool!  We've got the list from Greg, let's get cracking.

> p.p.s. Share your BSD news at http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/

Already did, and you wrote a very nice "donations" article, thanks!   ;)

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons