Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:31:56 +0200
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   could not sleep with... and lock order reversal

--=.?uyGdYLtr'z.FQ

Hi!

I always get a bunch of ".. could sleep with..." and "lock order reversal" messages. There appear in various parts of the kernel.The locks: pcm, xl, drm. The reversals: spec_vnops, vfs_subr, if_xl, sys_pipe. And this was only a quick glance through the logs. IIRC these are considered harmful (possible panics?). But I'm not quite shure if there's any interest in posting them here..
What is the right way to deal with it? Ignore, post here, send to the maintainer, file a PR ?

Marc

--=.?uyGdYLtr'z.FQ

--=.?uyGdYLtr'z.FQ--