Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:05:06 +1000
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:25, Jason Hunt wrote:
> > Question: Is there anyway to set up an Icon on a Windows box that wil=
> > dial up the
> One other solution ... I know of a guy who had a modem that was always
> re-dialing, so he attached a light switch on his phone line, and would
> switch it on when he wanted his modem to connect :)

You can setup windows to make the freebsd box dial/hangup... But by far t=
he=20
best optoin is to use a switch, I just turn the modem on to use it, and o=
ff=20
to disconnect (:

Another really clever idea however is to have a web page on the FreeBSD b=
ox,=20
which allows the user to start or stop ppp. So then your default home pag=
e=20
can have a connect/disconnect icon! (Or even extra functions like shutdow=
n=20
and whathaveyou).

Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 9844 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386