Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/44206: handbook for 4.7-RELEASE mentions devfs

The following reply was made to PR docs/44206; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To: Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:30:18 +0200

 On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:20:05AM -0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
 >       Handbook shipped with 4.7-RELEASE mentions devfs while there is
 > none in the system.
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > lynx file://localhost/usr/share/doc/handbook/x4356.html

 On this page, we can read: "DEVFS is used by default in FreeBSD 5.0."
 It's not really explicit that it does not exist on 4.X, but the device
 nodes creation for 4.X systems (called "systems without DEVFS") is
 covered. Maybe a "rewording" is needed.

 Marc