Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:10:08 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, ia64@FreeBSD.org, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>, bmah@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New snapshot available shortly

--==_Exmh_601934480P

If memory serves me right, John Baldwin wrote:

> I have no problem with these changes going into the tree.  In fact, I haven't
> even done the alpha or sparc64 builds and I can hold up until those changes a
> re
> submitted if desired.  The DP2 release was quite rushed b/c I think some of u
> were so frustrated w/ how late it was getting and how much things are draggin
> on.  5.0 will certainly have more coordination.  Also, we really need to crea
> te
> an re-ia64 if we haven't already.  I'm also willing to help out with re stuff
> on ia64 if I ever procure a box.  Per-platform trees would not scale.

Yep.

John and I actually talked about this a bit on Friday; release candidate
snapshots are actually the hardest to get consistent across the
different platforms since the tree is still in flux (albeit a slow state
of flux due to code freeze).  We discussed using CVS date specs for this
("all platforms do a snapshot build as of noon on Thursday UTC").

Bruce.

PS.  Actually, that's "five platforms with four active", since pc98 is
now using the stock release bits.

--==_Exmh_601934480P

--==_Exmh_601934480P--

with "unsubscribe freebsd-ia64" in the body of the message