Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:22:29 -0800
From:      "John P. Campbell" <jpc@xzuberant.com>
To:        Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
Subject:   Re: Accessing Windows Share

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:12:42PM -0500, Jason Hunt wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Jason Hunt wrote:
> two ago mount_smbfs was not available on FreeBSD, so this might have been
> a recent development.

SMBFS has been part of the kernel for a few months now.  A tutorial
can be found here.  http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200208/smbfs.html

I have the following in my kernel and it seems to work fine.  I
removed the net/smbfs port before adding it to the kernel.

options     NETSMB
options     NETSMBCRYPTO
options     LIBMCHAIN
options     LIBICONV
options     SMBFS

But I'm running on i386, not alpha like the original post.  I'm not
sure if it's supported for that architecture.

jpc