Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 02:42:19 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@tutrp.tut.ac.jp>, "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pw_user.c change for samba

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 10:24:58PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Garance A Drosihn, and lo! it spake thus:

> However, that doesn't answer the question of which 'adduser' is
> actually expected to be used in 5.0-current.  Does someone have
> the shell-script (non-perl) version of adduser?  Is it named
> something else, perhaps?
>
> Or are we going to ship 5.0-release with an 'adduser' that does
> require perl, even though perl is not in the base system?

I've had, among my stalled ideas, an intent to rewrite {add,rm}user in C
backending into pw(8) for all the dirty work.  Of course, that's waiting
for me to complete my porcine aviation instruction.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net