Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:07:39 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mpt(4): berserk interrupt frequency

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 10:29:44AM -0800, Yu-Shun Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can't comment on the reasons for your case, but that number was
> definitely strange. Here's ours:

I figured out what was the problem. On the ia64 box this was
happening we had sio2 interrupting at irq 82, while there was
only room to keep counters for 64 interrupt sources. We over-
flowed the interrupt name table and wrote into the interrupt
counter table and happened to globber the counters for mpt0,
mpt1 and bge0.

I increased the table size for 128 interrupt sources and all
looks normal again. If it wasn't for vmstat I'd nuke the whole
table and have a more dynamic approach...

Ah well..