Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:56:49 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        David O'Brien <dev-null@nuxi.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, fanf@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha tinderbox failure

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:33:14AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:

> Agreed.  I'd love to hear from fanf what the changes are to unifdef that
> causes this change in exit code.

I accidentally cocked up the exit codes in my first major revision of
unifdef. It so happens that a few days later markm ripped out the Perl
and Tcl support from vi, which meant that it started using unifdef in
its build. The incorrect exit value happened to be 0 instead of 1 so
things were happy until I restored the odd documented behaviour in my
second major revision.

Apologies for the disruption. I did check the uses of unifdef in the
tree (including vi and telnet), but I didn't realise that ignored errors
would cause problems.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
CAPE WRATH TO RATTRAY HEAD INCLUDING ORKNEY: WIND: VARIABLE OR NORTHEAST 2 OR