Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:56:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: M_ flags summary.

In message: <15919.4208.394911.712558@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu>
            Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> writes:
: if (!(flags & M_NOWAIT)) {
:    WITNESS_SLEEP(1, NULL);
: }
:
: at the top of malloc, and at the top of all entry points to the mbuf
: allocator.  Eg, before the system has a chance to pull the allocation
: off of some cache which will succeed 99.5% of the time, except when
: the system is under memory pressure.
:
: Sorry for dragging this in another direction..

I think we should do this reguardless of what the outcome of M_ flags
is.  This is an excellent solution.  It might even be good to do this
NOW and use the results as evidence towards or against the change as
it is in CVS and any proposed solution.

Warner