Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:55:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Crni Gorac <cgorac@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem and other problems with 5.0-RELEASE

Got number of problems with 5.0-RELEASE.  In order of
decreasing importance:

1. Am completely unable to figure out kernel settings
for modem.  Got US Robotics 56K internal modem, that
is working perfectly on same machine with 4.6-RELEASE.
 I had to put only "device sio at pci?" in my kernel
config file for 4.6 to have modem to answer at cuaa0.
Now, I have "device sio" in my kernel config file fo
5.0 and have tried number of combinations with
/boot/device.hints settings without any success.  If I
delete all "sio" lines from /boot/device.hints, modem
is reported during boot as sio0, but hangs whole
system when I try to dial out.  If I delete only lines
sio.n (n=0,1,2,3) from /boot/device.hints (e.g.
"sio.0") modem is again reported (and eventually
rellocated) and again hangs whole system.  Any help
here?

2. Mozilla 1.2b_2 hangs (I need it for Galeon2).  On
first run after
install, everything went fine, but after that it hangs
with "Bus error" (after large delay) each time.

3. CUPS daemon hangs whole system when trying to run
it.

4. Tripwire port seems to be broken, right?

Any help, especially regarding item 1, would be much
appreciated.

Thanks.