Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:20:11 -0400
From:      "Alan B. Clegg" <alan-keyword-fbq.a4c911@clegg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with ezmlm-send and lists larger than 250 members

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro

Unless the network is lying to me again, Alan B. Clegg said:=20

> Small lists (less than ~250 users) run fine, but when I get to the
> larger lists, ezmlm-send hangs instead of sending out the mail.  I would
> guess that it is a resource exhaustion problem, but there is no log of
> any problem, just the process starting and never ending.

The problem was the anti-virus code that was running.  Disabling it
made everything better.  Back to several thousand messages per day.  8-)

4.2 system having suffered hardware failure.  I figured it was time to=20
upgrade the software as well.   8-)

AlanC
--=20
I must study politics and war that my sons     |
may have liberty to study mathematics and      |        alan@clegg.com
philosophy. -- John Adams                      |

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro--