Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:52:49 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Mike Driscoll <musket@goeaston.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:22:19PM -0400, Mike Driscoll wrote:
> i run a pc with windows xp as my internet connection. recently, i=20
> acquired an old mac LC III with one floppy drive. if i download freebsd=
=20
> and copy it to floppies on my windows pc, can i still use them to=20
> install freebsd to my mac?

I believe that Mac system uses a Motorolla MC68000 series processor.
Sorry -- it's not supported under FreeBSD.  There is support for PPC
based Mac systems under development, but that support isn't yet
available in any FreeBSD release version. See
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware.html for the latest
supported system types.

On the other hand, perhaps this will be of interest:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/

However, you'll probably find that the LC III is extremely tight on
disk space and/or RAM. If not impossibly tight.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way