Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:31:11 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   We love to gloat

Let me put your minds at rest folks:

      Gloating is encouraged here.

The recent threads about achievements setting up FreeBSD and
infiltrating educational organisations and workplaces as a newbie
are among the most ON topic posts we've seen here for ages.

So long as it doesn't descend into flames or criticism of other systems,
every newbie is very welcome to discuss their achievements and setbacks
here. That includes any essentially related non-BSD matter, such as
techniques for removing keyboard impressions from the forehead, the
amount of coffee consumed, or the other-people factors involved.
Everyone likes to know they're not alone in this.

I'm tickled pink that I've finally had the courage to set up opie(4)
after all these years, but I can't gloat here because I'm an oldie.
(Oops :-)  If I were a newbie, I wouldn't tell you how to do it but
I might tell you how I _learned_ how to do it, which was by reading
the tutorial at
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/02/06/FreeBSD_Basics.html
and then asking freebsd-questions about the parts that confused me.

So, who else out there is a hero?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-