Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 14:42:29 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Naetius <naetius@timworld.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems w/ default gw && PPP+cb

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 08:14:55PM +0200, Naetius wrote:

> it's long time I'm trying to solve a problem with a dialin PPP
> server with callback; everything goes well, except for the
> client that sets the default gateway with its own IP address
> (192.168.0.4) instead of 192.168.0.99 (default router) or
> 192.168.0.3 (dial in server's IP address with forwarding
> enabled).

What actually is the problem?  That is, what can the client not do
that you want done?  Do packets actually flow from the client to
your server?

There is no way via the PPP protocol itself to set a default route.
That has to be done on the client as an action when the link comes up.
And since there's no ARP over PPP, the notion of ..0.99 as the default
route makes no sense.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.