Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 00:01:03 +1000 (EST)
From:      lukekendall@optushome.com.au
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Luke Kendall <lukekendall@optushome.com.au>
Subject:   Trying to revive "error" utility

I wanted to use the old BSD error utility, and someone pointed me at
the BSD CVS attic: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/error/Attic/

Unfortunately, unlike a normal CVS attic it appears that the source
files have been completely removed.  Is there any chance of getting
copies of them?  The leftmost links on the page just provide the
history info, and the version link in this case just report errors like:

Error: src/usr.bin/error/Attic/main.c is not (any longer) pertinent

-- but that's why I'm looking in the Attic!

As far as I know, no utility provides the same functionality.

Is there any hope?

Thanks,

luke