Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:25:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD

I'm not subscribed to this list; but I read that
Matthew Dillon has ported the dvd+rw tools to FreeBSD.

I just compiled and installed the application; but I
can't burn to a DVD+RW on a Sony DRU-500A.

command: growisofs -Z /dev/acd0c -rl ./testfile
result: ":-( unable to CAMGETPASSTHRU for /dev/acd0c:
Inappropriate ioctl for device"

The DVD+RW website:
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/
which is for Linux, says that you have to use scsi
emulation with ide burners. Is the Sony 500A a scsi
device? (Is it different from the DRU-500A?) If not,
how can I work around the scsi issue in FreeBSD?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.8-Stable (stable as of a couple of
weeks ago).

Thanks,

Andrew Gould