Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:19:08 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   comms/mwavem on -CURRENT -- known broken?

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

I didn't see anything in the archives on this (but the search link=20
=66rom www.freebsd.org appears broken) or google, so perhaps it's=20
something specific to my machine, but:

I have an ISA modem that I beleive requires the mwavem port.  However,=20
when I try to install the port, I run into two problems.

minor/easily fixed problem:

make install tries to run "mkdev" even though I have devfs.  It=20
currently skips that step only if building a package.  It should=20
probably also/instead check /etc/fstab for a devfs entry.  But that's=20
easily solved, no biggie.

bigger problem that's out of my league:

when I actually load the module, it attaches correctly and I get a=20
device attachment on the console on the isa bus, then immediately:

panic: Invalid major (-1001230304) in make_dev

and I'm dropped into ddb.  Unfortuantely since it's a port module I'm=20
not sure it's even possible to build directly into the kernel to get=20
debugging symbols and go any further.

Is this a known issue or does my modem just suck? :)

--Mike

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--