Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        larse@ISI.EDU
Subject:   Re: CFR: bridge locking

Daniel C. Sobral writes:
| Err... mmmm... I don't know what a vmnet is, and "apropos" told me no
| tales. :-)

man tap

| Alas, I tried netgraph to. It suffers from about the same problem.
| Packets on the bridge do not go to the vlan, and packets from the vlan
| do not get sent to the bridged interfaces (just the attached one).
|
| I tried ng_iface, but vlan won't attach to that.
|
| Someone mentioned ng_eiface, which, from the looks of it, has potential.
| Unfortunately, there's no documentation on it, so I don't have any idea
| on how to use it.

Tell, me about.  I couldn't figure out how to use it so I just tie
a vmnet device to it (but after 4.6 you need the tap patch) ... BTW
a hint was in the patch file since the patch was to if_tap.c.

  a21p% uname -a
  FreeBSD a21p 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #1: Thu Aug  7 22:08:31 PDT 2003     root@a21p:/data/home/ambrisko/stable/usr/src/sys/compile/THINK  i386
  a21p% man ng_eiface
  No manual entry for ng_eiface