Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:44:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CompactFlash Bluetooth

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for answering this question as well.

> > Has anybody used this beast with a PC-Card CompactFlash adapter?
>
> well, there are CompactFlash to PC-Card adapters, for example
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J3SA/104-5587501-1337554?vi=customer-reviews

Yes, I have one of those.

> but even if you buy such adapter then you will need drivers for your
> Bluetooth CompactFlash card. i need to know more about the card before
> i can give you an answer. model? manufacturer? does it work on windows?

There are quite a few cards on the market now. Have a look at this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042632186&category=19578

In the description it says that the card may be used in any WinCE PDA
or Notebook using PCMCIA adapter. That's why I asked if anybody used
it on BSD.
So you say that some special driver is needed.. This makes it less
attractive than USB dongle. And it is much more expensive anyway.

Thank you for your help!

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>