Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:39:26 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kov=E1cs_J=E1nos?= <kovacs.janos@ofi.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panic on jailed sshd - 4.9-release

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, [iso-8859-1] Kov=E1cs J=E1nos wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 2003.11.12 19:28:31 "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
> > But, if we can get a core dump from the system in question, at least we
> > can try and isolate where the issue is ... it might be something that a
> > simple 2 line patch can fix ...
>
> http://turando.felvi.hu/crash/crash.tgz (~50M)
>
> kernconf, dmesg.boot, kernel.debug, kernel.0 and vmcore.0
>
> Tell me if I should present anything else or test a patch.
> (I tell again: the same config is working on another hardware)

'k, can you see what happens if you do:

gdb -k kernel.debug vmcore.0

?

I get:

This GDB was configured as "i386-undermydesk-freebsd"...(no debugging symbo=
ls found)...
panic: page fault
panic messages:
---
dmesg: kernel message buffer has different magic number
---
---Can't read userspace from dump, or kernel process---

#0  0xc022dc1e in dumpsys ()

but don't know if its because I'm on a 5.x system or if the crash is
corrupted :(