Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:46:18 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Feroz F. Basir" <dbase77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fbsd4.9 sendmail

--ZwgA9U+XZDXt4+m+

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 03:27:00PM +0000, Feroz F. Basir wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Anybody ever setup "smart host" using sendmail before?
> This is on fbsd4.9. I edit sendmail.cf file and edit
> line:
>=20
> DSmail.domain.com

It's better to edit the `hostname`.mc file and then process that into
a sendmail.cf otherwise you run the risk of overwriting your
customized .cf file when you do a {build,install}world cycle.

Just change the line:

    dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `your.isp.mail.server')

into

   define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.domain.com')=20

and run 'make install restart-mta'
=20
> Restart sendmail and nothing happen. I keep getting
> (host map: lookup (domain.com): deferred) error. Do I
> need to do anything? I try on other unix system and I
> got it to work. Very strange. I want my main smtp
> server send the email from fbsd box.=20

You've changed the sendmail config just fine.  What you need to do now
is investigate why your machine isn't finding 'mail.domain.com' in the
DNS.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20