Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:22:01 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@datamax.bg>
To:        nobutaka@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   w3m text in textboxes is not displayed with version 0.4.2

Since w3m 0.4.2 I noticed, that text I write in <input type=text> fields
does not appear in the text line after I hit ENTER. For example:

w3m www.google.com
5 x TAB
ENTER
(on the bottom line) TEXT: sometext fooboo
ENTER
(huh! its gone, i must have forgotten to type it, i shall try again)
ENTER
(huh! its there on the bottom line!) TEXT: sometext fooboo
ENTER

First I thought that it appears with the same color as the background
(black), but my colors configuration is ok. The text entered is kept
correctly, but not displayed at all, coz I cannot copy and paste it with
the mouze as I can with everything else - the text is not on the screen.

Is this a new feature or is something wrong with my config?

w3m (w3m-0.4.2_1) is installed from the FreeBSD ports just as it is:
% cd /usr/ports/www/w3m && make install clean

% w3m -V
w3m version w3m/0.4.2+cvs-1.896-m17n, options lang=en,color,ansi-color,mouse,menu,cookie,ssl,ssl-verify,external-uri-loader,w3mmailer,nntp,ipv6,alarm,mark

No wrong config files - the problem persists after rm -fr ~/.w3m
(I should try rm -fr *, probably it may work :).

Same happens with w3m -M