Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 01:36:08 +0100
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New camserv-0.5.0 broken in 4-stable?

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

On Thu, 04.03.2004 at 15:02:08 -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> > Just updated to camserv-0.5.0 and when trying to use it with
> > a bktr card I get the following:
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/camserv/libvideo_fbsd_bttv.so:=
 Undefined symbol "calculate_pic_mean"
> > What's (not) happening here?
> > It worked fine previously and fxtv works.
> Hmm, I merely tested the compile and diffed the distfiles.
> Running 'camserv' doesn't seem to produce this problem.
> (I run fxtv on that machine, although honestly, I did not
> test the binary before the commit).
>=20
> I have Cc:ed the submitter of the PR that updated to 0.5.0
> to ask if the submitter can confirm this?

I'm now seeing this too on a 4.9-RELEASE machine where camserv is in
production. I was not seeing it before, because the 'autobright' option
was disabled. I then reworked the config file and this error appeared.
I will look at it, in the meanwhile just disable autobright and it
should work.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--=20
PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Get it while it's hot!
PGP Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".	-- Ken Thompson

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh--