Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:04:46 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@chello.cz>
To:        David T-G <davidtg@justpickone.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: new 5.5.8 / 6.0 ImageMagick?

# davidtg@justpickone.org / 2004-04-01 08:24:02 -0500:
> I don't know how ports are updated, but when can I hope to see a fresh
> version of ImageMagick?  I'd like to use at least 5.5.8, but 6.0 is now
> out and so I'd use that if given a choice.

    Ports are updated by their maintainers. The procedure is described
    here: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

    graphics/ImageMagick is orphaned, which means that your chances for
    a timely update are pretty low. But feel free to update the port
    yourself (see the Porter's Handbook above), and send in the patch:
    send-pr(1).