Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:36:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User LAFFER1 <laffer1@adsl-68-76-19-75.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net>
To:        dslb@tiscali.dk
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2.1 can't find sound card

I can tell you that Audigy Gamers work in freebsd current.  I *finally*
got my sound working last night.

I had a similar problem to yours when i had pcm in the kernel.  You don't
need it there.  Just compile the kernel without sound and then kldload the
snd_emu10k1 (or x in your case).  If that works, add the options to
loader.conf to make it auto load at boot time.